Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Front Door Entrance Tips

I enjoy driving into my neighborhood and seeing the way several homeowners have made their front door entrances an inviting place. I wanted to share 3 tips to make your front door this spring and summer say Welcome, Come Right In.

1. Doormat: The variety of choices for doormats has expanded from just conveying the words "Welcome." My front mat says "Wipe Your Paws" and I you probably can guess why. I was a long-time dog owner of an adorable cocker spaniel who passed away last June. I still have the doormat in honor of his memory and thoughts of adopting another dog in the near future. There are many designs and themes to choose from when it comes to doormats. I am sure you will find one that fits your personality.

2. Potted Plants/Flowers: Choose some of your favorite blooming flowers in bright colors and add them in containers to your front door. I like using containers in case you have to move them around. Make sure you read the plant label to see if they require sun or shade. Take note of just how much your front entrance receives. The green plants will add just the right touch as well.

3. Wind Chimes: One of my favorites for the front entrance. I just love the chiming sounds on a breezy day. Again, the designs and themes are endless when it comes to picking the wind chimes that fit your lifestyle. The stresses of the day will melt away and give way to the relaxing sounds of chimes.

All these tips are part of my front door entrance. I enjoy seeing them when I pull into the driveway or come in from my walk. They truly say Welcome, Come Right In!

No comments:

Post a Comment