Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Litterbugs

I would have to say one of my biggest pet peeves is seeing litter thrown out along streets, highways, neighborhoods, stop lights and signs. My community does a very good job with keeping litter picked up. Also, the city uses people who need to fulfill their community service hours and inmates from the local jail to pick up the trash.

I often wonder what people must be thinking when they throw litter into the street. I guess they figure someone will come along at some point and pick it up. They clearly don't want to keep the trash in their car for another minute, heaven forbid. However, it makes more sense to wait and throw out the contents at the next destination or when you arrive home. I simply can't see myself tossing trash out my car window onto the street.

Here's an idea: Keep plastic bags in your car to use for your throwaway items and toss the entire bag in the trash container at your stops. Let's all do our part to be more eco-friendly. Please stop littering!

No comments:

Post a Comment