Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Frugal Austerity

The recent news stories of the austerity plans Greece will implement with tax hikes and spending cuts aren't going over so well with the country's citizens. I read that it's a must for Greece to develop this plan in order to receive financial assistance by the International Monetary Fund. The U.S. economy is still bouncing back from the worst economic disaster since the Great Depression so belt-tightening is happening all around the world. I know cutbacks to family budgets are probably still going on. My frugal lifestyle helps me maintain a comfortable living, but it's not easy at times especially with high gas and food prices. I am always encouraging people to save and budget their money. If you got a raise or bonus on your job, put it in your savings account. The vacation season is here and families may be finally giving the staycation the boot. Be frugal and live an austerity life so you can head to a beach getaway for summer enjoyment. Don't forget to take along your favorite read!

Credit: Free images from acobox.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Toyin for visiting my blog and I appreciate your comment. I checked out your blog which is very inspirational. I am following it and hope you will dash back over and follow mine :-)

    ReplyDelete